A quick way for decision-makers to be introduced to the basic elements of a powerful leadership tool. The Leadership Talk.
By Brent Filson -
Objectives: The participants will learn elements of a powerful leadership tool, The Leadership Talk, to immediately enhance their leadership effectiveness.
In doing so, they'll tackle a critical business challenge and generate increased results linked to that challenge. The results can be:
- timely, manifested immediately and go on long term,
- sizable, much more than are presently being achieved,
- systematically validated,
- linked to increases in actual money saved/earned,
- used as springboards for even more results.
Furthermore, the participants will see that the results can't be achieved without the use of Leadership Talks.
Overview: Participants will get an appreciation of the Leadership Talk and its vital importance as a results-generator. They will learn a few simple processes to help them develop, on the spot, a rudimentary Leadership Talk, which will be given to a specific audience at a specific time back on the job. The audience will be linked to their chosen challenge.
Important: What they will say to the audience, once they learn a few of the Leadership Talk processes, will be significantly different -- and much more effective in achieving results -- than what they would have said had they not learned the processes.
Implementation: The participants will:
- identify a critical business challenge facing them now,
- be introduced to the concept of achieving "more results faster continually,"
- be taught the differences between speeches/presentations and Leadership Talks and shown how Leadership Talks can provide the most effective means of meeting that challenge and getting those results,
- be introduced to a few basic processes of The Leadership Talk,
- identify a particular audience, linked to the challenge, to whom they intend to give a Leadership Talk back on the job,
- put together a rudimentary Leadership Talk to be given to the audience,
- give the Talk back on the job.
- be committed to developing and using Leadership Talks many times daily throughout their careers.
(Option: In a subsequent session, they may report the results obtained from their Leadership Talk, learn additional Leadership Talk processes and apply those processes to meeting another on-the-job challenge.)
© The Filson Leadership Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
The author of 23 books, Brent Filson's recent books are, THE LEADERSHIP TALK: THE GREATEST LEADERSHIP TOOL and 101 WAYS TO GIVE GREAT LEADERSHIP TALKS. He is founder and president of The Filson Leadership Group, Inc. – Celebrating 25 years of helping leaders of top companies worldwide achieve outstanding results every day. Sign up for his free leadership e-zine and get his FREE report "7 Steps To Leadership Mastery"